Monday, November 17, 2008

Carson does the "Numa Numa" dance

I was recently introduced to this video and had to laugh out loud. Yes, I may be a little behind the times since Wikipedia says this video was released in 2004. Needless to say, the song was stuck in my head ALL DAY LONG for several days. I couldn't get it to go away, which ended up being somewhat torturous. No amount of singing "I Am A Child of God" helped either... *sigh* And can you believe 22 million people have watched this video?! He's not embarrassed about it either.



Then while doing some playtime with Carson, I decided it was time to introduce him to the "Numa Numa" song as well. He caught on fast!

Ma-ia-hii
Ma-ia-huu
Ma-ia-haa
Ma-ia-haha!
(Repeated 4 times with increasing intensity)

Hello?

It's me - your Duke!

Numa Numa hey!


And for a little YouTube fun, these are the "misheard" lyrics of the song. Enjoy!

3 comments:

greenacres2b said...

I was introduced to this song when Pace came over a year or so ago with his little girl Sydney. We were sitting in Michael's room and she was being real fussy. Pace said for Michael to put the Numa song on and she quieted right up. Then we had to keep listening to the Numa song or she would start crying.It's a miracle song for babies.

Crazy Petersens said...

He is so cute. I can't wait to meet him in person. Love the hair! :)

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

oh my gosh your little boy is adorable :) it looks like he already has his own little personality... its crazy how fast they grow up!!