Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hiking the Houston Brothers Trail

Saturday we took a family hike up to the Houston Brothers Trail, which is north of Payson (past Clints Wells and then nearly 20 miles on dirt roads). Because I'm short on time I'll just post pictures and write about it later.


Snack before the hike. Bundled up because it's cold! (62 degrees)


Strapped in my new backpack (thanks to a great Craigslist find!)

Hiking the trail


I'm loving this!!!


One of the ascents of our so-called "easy" hike


Which to eat? Graham cracker or pine needles?


Asleep at the wheel


Overlooking the rim


Family shot


Stretching the legs. "I'm on top of the world!"

5 comments:

Carrie Medford said...

That looks like a gorgeous hike! I'd love to do it some day.

The Neerings Family said...

Carson's hair has seemed to lighten up...or is that just me? Just realized he'll be 1 in less than 2 months, holy cow!

Lachelle said...

Maybe the pictures of the hike look deceiving, so my fault for not explaining. The rim was behind us (near where we parked our car), and we hiked into the forest. While the hike was beautiful, it wasn't as picturesque as the view from the rim. There was supposed to be an old cabin on the trail, but we didn't make it that far. Maybe another time.

And yes, his hair has lightened - used be to dark brown like me, now he's a dirty blonde.

Liz said...

How fun! I should try to convince Dustin to go up there. Carson has so much hair and is getting so big!

Verxion said...

The rim country is beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and that backpack carrier looks awesome. Great find on craigslist!!