Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fat Max and I

Meet Fat Max:

Today, Fat Max and I accomplished a big task that the hedge trimmer and garden shears couldn't. I tried both of these tools; they each failed me. So Fat Max came to the rescue!




The Task: trimming our neighbor's unsightly Mesquite tree that has been growing over our backyard wall for about a year now. (Please note that there is no "before" picture of the tree, as I was too eager/annoyed/irritated by this ugly beast, and so I just started without the camera)

But here is the debris from our massacre:


You might have noticed that I strategically placed 2 branches standing up against our brick wall. Yes, these branches are TALLER than our back wall. Now if you use your imagination, you can probably picture what the before tree looked like. Because here's what it looked like when Fat Max & I were done:



And here is were Fat Max & I did the most damage:


It was very fitting, too, that as we finished slicing off the last of the branches, the "Hallelujah" chorus of Handel's Messiah was being broadcast over the loudspeakers from the elementary school down the street. Yes, "hallelujah" it is done! (And "hallelujah" to the kiddos who's last day of school was today.) But unfortunately, my "hallelujah" will not last "forever and ever," as the tree will surely grow again... and our neighbor will likely not do anything about it either...and Fat Max & I will likely have to go back to work.

Unless -- we pray for a huge monsoon to come and wipe it out! Like what happened to our other neighbor's nasty palo verde tree 3 years ago:


Suh-weeet, huh? Totally uprooted! (As were about 20 other trees in the neighborhood). Can I also wish that the same thing would happen to our backyard neighbor's palm tree?


Seriously! What's up with our white trash neighbor's and their trees?? It's like we live in AJ or QC or East Mesa...or something!

3 comments:

Crazy Petersens said...

Hmmm. We live in Queen Creek and have a mesquite tree in the front. Does that mean we are white trash??? *gasp!* Why didnt' anyone tell us before this??? :)

Lachelle said...

Ha ha, no, those 2 conditions alone don't make you white trash. Unless, however, you let your tree grow wildly out of control and extend 10 feet into your neighbor's yard and refuse to trim it. That's when you might be white trash :)

Crazy Petersens said...

Hmmmm. I'll have to check. I do know our tree is in need of a trim, but I don't think it's hanging in the neighbor's yard. I think we are safe. Whew! :)