Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Swimming Lessons

I went swimming at the gym for my morning exercise. First time I've hit the pool since the little guy was born. These are some lessons I learned this morning:
  1. I'm not as young as I used to be
  2. People twice my age could swim longer/farther than me
  3. The size or flab on your arms (or gut) is no indication of how out of shape you are (evidenced again by the older people in the lanes next to me)
  4. Lack of carbs and sugar at the same time makes me more tired (yay South Beach Diet?)
  5. I felt like this after swimming 3 laps:

3 hours later, I'm still struggling to function because I'm so exhausted (fyi - I swam more than 3 laps!). Looks like more swimming is in my future! It's a fabulous cardio exercise. And legs. And arms :)

No comments: