Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Growing Like a Beanstalk

That would describe our son! Carson has been growing fast in the last couple months. At his 4-month checkup (2 weeks ago - I'm late posting) he had grown 2 inches. That's an inch a month! Which would explain why his pants are usually looking so short, haha!

At this rate, his height is what keeps him growing out of his clothes, and that means he'll be wearing some 6-9month clothes pretty soon. I would have thought for being born such a big baby, his weight would have kept up, but apparently not as much. To which I am thankful!!!! It's still a workout carting around a nearly 15 lb baby in a carseat (which adds another 10 lbs). His pants might be loose around the waist and fall down every now and then, but I can deal with that.

"Look how long I am!"


"I love to blow spit bubbles!"

"My mom's funny and makes me smile"

"But no one makes me laugh like Daddy!"

6 comments:

Liz said...

Wow he is growing! Morgan just had her 4 month checkup yesterday and she weighs 14.15 lbs, but is only 24.8 inches. It's crazy to think that they weigh the same when he was 10 lbs at birth and she was 6.12 lbs.

Jasmine said...

He is such a cutie! I still can't believe that you birthed a 10 lb. baby!!!

greenacres2b said...

Those are the cutest pictures! He sure has such big muscles. xxoo

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow??! Sam just had his 4 month checkup 2 weeks ago & was almost 16lbs! I couldn't believe it!! He has gained 10 pounds in the first 4 months! Carson looks so long!! He really is growing like a weed!! :)

Carrie Medford said...

He's a cutie!

Pace & Gwen said...

Once again, guys, he is HANDSOME!! Congratulations, can't say enough. He's darling :)