Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Main Squeeze






Nothing can quite compare to fresh squeezed O.J. (except for fresh squeezed Tangerine juice :) ) Thanks to my mother-in-law, I was able to go pick 2 grocery bags of delicious Valencia oranges from her trees this week. Carson happily sat in his car seat during this time outdoors, and giggled and coo'd (not sure how to spell that ;P ) at the Grapefruit tree - silly kid! I LOVE my Bosch Juicer attachment!! It makes juicing all these oranges so fast and easy. And it's a work-horse -- not like your typical juicer that sounds like the motor is about to die when you put pressure on it.

I also snagged 2 bags full of lemons from her trees as well, so later tonight I will hopefully get those juiced and in the freezer. I'll save the lemon juice for some lip-smacking goodness when the hot summer days come around again. Although, with the weather we are having today and tomorrow (mid 80's), maybe I should make it now!

If anyone would like some grapefruit, let me know. My in-laws have a large tree overflowing with it and don't want it all to go to waste.

5 comments:

Marily said...

Wow. I didn't even know they made Bosch juicer attachments. My heart might have just skipped a beat. Fresh squeezed citrus, yum, I'd have to agree.

greenacres2b said...

I'm so glad you came to pick some. It's the best! I don't have a fancy juicer, but mine still gets the job done.

Our Paper Plates said...

Yum - fresh squeezed orange juice. Or is it fresh squoze..squozen-ed. Anyhoo, sounds yummy!

Liz said...

Dustin bought me a bosch for Christmas so I might just have to have him buy me the juicer for my birthday.

The Hyde's said...

Thanks for telling me about the juicer. Although Shar's is backordered for a few weeks. I will be getting one!